This is a simple yet savory salt and sugar free rub. It pairs incredibly well with a Thanksgiving turkey, chicken or something like Cornish Hens. This definitely has a better lean towards poultry but it certainly can work with a cut of beef as well.
Sugar Free Salt Free BBQ Rub Recipe
For this dry rub recipe you will use the following ingredients:
- 4 tablespoons of ground sage
- 2 tablespoon of dried thyme
- 2 tablespoon of dried rosemary
- 4 teaspoons of coarse or ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of allspice powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground mustard
You simply need measure out the ingredients, to mix them together and apply them to your meat. Because of some large spices, like the thyme and rosemary, you may want to consider using a light coat of olive oil as a binder. Other than that this is a simple yet incredible pairing with your poultry dishes.
Looking for a great probe for you Thanksgiving Turkey, take a look at this ThermoPro TP829.
Thanks for being here and checking out this Salt Free BBQ Rub recipe. I hope you enjoy it! We always appreciate comments, 5 star recipe rating and social media shares. As always, keep that smoke rolling!
If you are looking for some other great recipes, here are a few suggestions:
- 1 tablespoons of ground sage
- 1 tablespoon of dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon of dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons of coarse black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground mustard
- Measure out your ingredients
- Mix together
For an 18lb turkey you will need to approximately double this recipe.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 46Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 6mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 5gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g